As a parent, you want to ensure your adult children have access to the best healthcare coverage. If your adult children need their own health insurance, it’s important they obtain the right coverage for their needs. The wrong choices may end up costing you a lot of money if they need to use their coverage.
For example, in the case of Meg and Bob, who live in London while their three children reside in the United States. One child is a 19-year-old college student in South Carolina, while the other two, aged 22 and 25, live in Connecticut without employer benefits. Two of the children have significant healthcare needs.
Bob’s employer group health plan only offers coverage in the U.K., so the family turned to HCP to help each adult child find and enroll in individual insurance plans.
HCP took the following steps to secure the proper coverage for each child:
- Accessed each child’s current and future healthcare needs and obtained a list of their providers and prescriptions.
- Obtained authorization for HCP to represent each adult child.
- Analyzed the individual healthcare options available through the CT and SC state marketplaces.
- Explored health insurance options offered through the college.
- Determined that the two older children qualified for a subsidy (decreased premium) for the Marketplace plans.
- Selected and enrolled them in the best health insurance plans for their needs, including uploading the necessary documents to secure the subsidies.
- Made sure they received their ID cards and helped them set up premium payments through the insurance website.
After all three children were successfully enrolled in healthcare plans, Meg and Bob were so pleased with these services and they signed on to HCP’s Elite Client Services for continued management of their children’s claims and for proactive management of their health needs. Additionally, authorizations are on file with their insurance companies, medical providers, and professional advisors in case we need to contact them in the future.
If you find yourself in a similar situation with your adult children, don’t hesitate to contact Healthcare Pathfinder to make sure they receive the best possible healthcare coverage.
*We have changed our clients’ names in our stories.*
Contact Healthcare Pathfinder at 888-511-0128, ext. 104, or view our website for more information: www.healthcarepathfinder.com