Lindsey was 48, divorced, and had been utilizing her COBRA ( Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act) benefits under her ex-husband’s insurance plan. This coverage was ending and she was overwhelmed with the thought of finding new coverage and wanted a consultant to help her. She contacted Healthcare Pathfinder to help her find the best individual health insurance options available to her.
Here is what Healthcare Pathfinder (HCP) :
- Reviewed her current coverage to help understand how her coverage would change.
- Assessed her current and future healthcare needs and obtained a list of her providers and prescriptions.
- Logged onto her current insurance website to analyze how she utilized her current insurance coverage.
- Accessed the individual healthcare options available to her, including a search through the state marketplace.
- HCP provides a detailed explanation about her coverage options and determines that she qualified for a subsidy (decreased premium).
- HCP helped her choose and enroll in the best health insurance plan for her needs including obtaining the necessary documents to secure the subsidy and her special enrollment status.
- HCP made sure she received her ID card and helped her set up premium payments through the insurance website.
Lindsey was so relieved to have had such individual and objective advice and support through this insurance transition. As a divorced individual with no immediate family support, she chose to sign up with HCP Elite Client Services. HCP helps Lindsey with Healthcare advice, advocacy, and management services throughout the year. Authorizations are on file with her insurance company, professional advisors, and can send them to providers when necessary. When Lindsey had a biking accident in Florida, HCP was one of her first calls.
*We have changed our clients’ names in our stories.*
Contact Healthcare Pathfinder at 888-511-0128, ext. 104, or view our website for more information: www.healthcarepathfinder.com